Thursday, February 12, 2015

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who helped make The Harper Project a huge success in 2014. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Whether it was donations of items, money or just encouraging thoughts and prayers, I am forever grateful. It is because of all of YOU that I was able to donate 20 memory boxes and 10 Mommy Care Kits to Mercy Hospital on July 10th, the second anniversary of Harper being born silent into the world. 

Loading up the minivan with memory boxes & mommy care kits. 

It felt good to do something positive on a day that is so sad for our family. We dropped ofs the donations and then spent the day together as a family with our daughter Stella in our arms and Harper in our hearts. 

We stopped for a picnic lunch.

Later that evening we release balloons with letters attached that we had written for Harper. We did this the first year and it's a tradition we are hoping to carry on. (To be honest the actual act of releasing balloons kind of bothers me. I always feel like it's littering and worry about animals getting caught up in the stings. So if anyone has idea's of other things we could do I am open to hearing them. But I do like watching the balloons float up and I usually watch until I can't see them anymore. I'm always curious as to where they end up.)

Celebrate with the angels!

The Harper Project This Year:
I am going to try and get things started a little early this time around. I am hoping to have all 20 memory boxes completed before June 14th. Honestly, last year was a little bit of a learning curve for me and I'm sure as each year passes I will change things and adjust them to what works the best.

So be on the look out for updates on the project coming soon!!!

If you have any questions in the meantime feel free to email me at theharperlynnproject@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment